HOLISTIC HEALING COLONIC
Achieving Optimum Health and Wellness
$110/session $300/3 sessions
WHAT IS A COLONIC?
A colonic or colon hydrotherapy is the irrigation of the colon with water to facilitate the removal of fecal waste and toxins.
WHY SHOULD YOU DO A COLONIC?
The colon is one of the most important elimination organs. In order to effectively remove waste from the body, it is necessary to have a bowel movement 2-3 times a day. However, it is common to suffer from sluggish bowels due to a diet low in fiber, inadequate water intake, a bowel disorder and stress. Our systems are naturally made to remove toxins and waste from our body but has never been exposed to the levels of harmful chemicals and processed foods we come in contact with today and high levels of toxins can overwhelm our systems resulting in dis-ease.
Colonics improve gut health and better gut health means;
● improved mental health - there are more serotonin receptors in the gut than there are in the brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter essential for regulating mood. An unhealthy gut will have a dimension amount of receptors and therefore will have a decreased amount of serotonin uptake. There is a direct correlation between decreased serotonin levels and depression.
● improved immune system - The gut contains a delicate and complex balance of various bacteria that are instrumental in maintaining a healthy immune system. In fact 80% of the immune system is located in the gut.
● increase energy - When the gut is healthy it absorbs nutrients more efficiently thereby fueling the body and increasing your energy levels.
● clearer skin - The efficient expulsion of waste equals a healthier body and clearer skin .
● Weight management -Helps you maintain a healthy weight.
Signs of waste management issues include but are not limited to;
● chronic fatigue
● skin rashes
● frequent illness
● trouble concentrating
● excessive hunger
● mood swings
● protruding abdomen
● high blood pressure
● high cholesterol
● weight gain
If you want to improve your health a good place to start is your gut. Gut health literally affects your entire state of well-being. Consider the important jobs your gut performs regularly, including breaking down food, absorbing nutrients, producing vitamins and expelling waste. For optimal immunity, detoxification , nourishment, mental and spiritual health, your gut must function adequately.
Some things you can do to begin to heal the gut are;
1) Eating healthy- plant based diet and adequate water intake
2) Intermittent fasting - fasting gives your body a break and allows it to heal
3) Herbal remedies and supplements- certain herbs can facilitate healing of the gut.
4) Colon cleanses - remove old waste, heal tissues , detox , jump start weight loss, increase energy
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A COLONIC?
It is best to abstain from eating meat and fish 24 hrs prior to your colonic. Eat plenty of salads, soups, whole grains and steamed or stir fried vegetables. However, if you must, you may have steamed or baked fish. Avoid alcohol, soda, seltzer water, red meat, cheese, white flour, white pasta, white rice, fast food, fried food and processed foods (poptarts, potato chips) Do not eat any solid foods 3 hrs before your colonic. You may drink vegetable and fruit juices or smoothies, broths, teas and water.
WHAT TO EXPECT?
You will fill out a brief intake form, drink a liver, kidney and gallbladder flush, change into a gown and lie in a comfortable position to begin the colonic. You will insert the probe or if you prefer the therapist will do i for you. A colon therapist will be with you the entire time and will periodically massage your abdomen to assist in the movement of waste material from the colon. It will take approximately 40 min. H2O2 will be added to the water to increase oxygen to the cells and it will end with a chlorophyll infusion to further detox, nourish and heal the cells of the colon. After your session you will go to the bathroom to continue to empty. You should incorporate probiotics into your diet to promote optimum flora balance. Most people will experience a decrease in their abdominal girth and some find they lose a few pounds. You will feel lighter and cleansed. Usually, the most obvious change you will feel is improved well being. Your body will be better able to extract what it needs from foods and expel what you don't which will assist you in your weight loss goals and increase your energy. Most people need a series of 3-6 colonics to yield the best results.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I GET A COLONIC?
It depends on your diet. Most people who eat a healthy diet and have proper elimination pattern find twice a year to be sufficient. If you have a history of eating poorly, consume a lot of red meat and experience constipation you may need to have them more frequently.
WHAT TO EAT AFTER A COLONIC?
It is not recommended to eat a heavy meal after a colonic. A light healthy meal is preferred. Also, this is a great time to rethink your eating habits and start a wellness journey. I recommended that you continue with a plant based diet. (foods derived from plants, including vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruit with few or no animal protein). Limiting or eliminating processed, fried or prepackaged foods is also recommended.
Also drinking adequate amounts of water is essential to optimum health.
FOLLOW UP CARE?
You may choose to incorporate herbs into your wellness regimen to support and strengthen your eliminating organs. Herbal Remedies are available at N-diya. Also adding foods naturally rich in probiotics will help to maintain gut health.
Parasitic infections are more common than you may think.
Many times, a parasite can thrive in the human body without signs or symptoms. Consequently , you can also have a person present with numerous vague symptoms of illness without a diagnosis and have no idea that parasites are the root cause.
One of the most common parasites to infect human beings is the yeast-like Blastocystis hominis, a single-celled parasitic organism that causes abdominal cramping, bloating, gas, and sometimes anal itching.
3 RED FLAGS THAT MAY INDICATE YOU MAY BE CARRYING A PARASITE
1. Chronic digestive issues.
2. Various forms of mental distress.
3. Autoimmune disorders.
You should not do a parasite cleanse unless you are having proper bowel movements to allow for a clear passage and exit out of the body. I recommend 2-3 colonics before initiating a parasite cleanse.
PARASITE CLEANSE INSTRUCTIONS
Before you come in for your 3rd or 4th colonic session you will take 2 tbs of papaya seeds. Preferably within 3hr of your appointment or drink black walnut tea.
If you are interested in losing weight, we have additional support options available. Sign up for our wellness coaching.
Recommendations for a vital life-
● When eating try to sit and relax ,avoid multitasking and chew food adequately( the digestive process begins in the mouth).
● Get 8 hrs of sleep every night,. This allows for maximum healing
● Drink 6-8 cups of water everyday
● Exercise 3 times a week
● train your mind to have positive thoughts
● get sunlight
● discover your passion...laugh often...love fiercely
Disclaimer: My desire is to share what I understand about the body, mind and spirit connection and assist you on your journey to optimum health. No information or suggestions provided are meant to diagnose or replace your medical doctor.